Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm going to Marysville...a year earlier than planned.

My boss told me yesterday that instead of moving to Marysville when the new building opens in October 2008, that due to a few people being promoted to senior transportation planner (and one of them is relocating to this office in Sacramento), that there is now space available and I will begin making the 45 minute commute beginning Tuesday, November 13.

When I accepted the position, it was on the basis that I would be based in Marysville when the new building opened, which I fully understood, however, there was no space available so I got assigned to our Venture Oaks building.

I'm really looking forward to going to Marysville but Dawn isn't. I told her nothing lasts forever and to just see it as an adventure. Besides, I use to work in Elk Grove and it took me an hour to get there and back (EG is only 22 miles from the house, M'ville is 47 miles) because of the insane traffic on SR 99 (hence why we are fixing it).

No comments: