Sunday, September 30, 2007

What a week...

I had the strangest weeks, probably ever. First, I went to a two-day training called Planning on Track, put on by our OPD (that's Office of Professional Development for those posters on GDIFC).
When I went to dinner, my debit/check card was stolen out of my hotel room. I had left it there as I took my ID and cash to dinner. As soon as I realized it was gone, immediately called to cancel it and called hotel security. They called the San Jose police and filed a report. They think its an inside job.

Other than that, the training was neat. I got to learn about interregional rail, commuter rail and light rail in the Bay Area. Since pretty much all the rail systems now connect, its a great way to get around the Bay. Folks need to try it.

Then, football. Sacramento State came into the home opener 0-3 with a tough conference loss at PSU two weeks ago and got blasted by New Mexico the week before. All we did was humiliate, absolutely humiliate, Northern Arizona, 38-9. The Hornets finally broke out the offense weapons and racked up 422 yards in offense. The defense, which we knew was killer, held NAU, who came in averaging 420 yards a game, to 187 total yards!! In fact, NAU was so inept, they were 0-12 on third down. WTF!?!?! 0-12!! NAU's coach said in their fishwrap that they looked like they were a team without direction. Uh, wrong dude, you got your asses handed to you.

So I have for the past 24 hours now been basking in a great win for the program. Congrats go to first year coach Marshall Sperbeck. He is going to be awesome for the alma mater.

This week I have too many meetings and things to get done. We head to Raleigh a week from Thursday and need to start packing for things for the trip there and then onto New York.

No comments: