Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Some Thoughts

~So, I am trying to figure out our wacky weather. First, we had 12-straight days of 100+ temps. Now, its been in the mid to upper 80's for the last 3. Don't get me wrong, I love these cooler temps, but our summer weather is all over the board, except, we have not had any rain (hey its Sac, what do you expect?!).

~The State Fair opened up last weekend and planing on attending it during Labor Day weekend. Caltrans has a booth in one of the California Buildings so I might volunteer to man the booth for a few hours next week. We'll see. I'm not sure I am going to try the newest food creation: Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich . Hey, its fair food, not like its supposed to be diet food!

~Saturday is my first athletic event of the year as the Men's Soccer team is at home in exhibition against Cal State Stanislaus (who?). They are our fellow D2 CSU brothers from the happenin town of Turlock. A few years ago, we played in the regular season and whooped them like 5-0 or something like that. Men's soccer had a great year last year, plus the fact we have New Mexico in our conference and they lost in the National Championship game in 2005. In fact, we tied them at home the last weekend of the regular season, which was their only blemish until they lost the final to Maryland......Go Hornets!

~Band camp is still two weeks away. I will be instructing marching fundamentals and helping the drum majors with their conducting. Plus, as being on staff, have to help cook food for the End-o-Camp BBQ.

~Football opens two weeks from tomorrow night on the Smurf Turf in Boise. I hope we can keep it close like we did for 3 qtrs vs. Cal last year. I hope we can open the year 2-2 at least, or it will be another long year.


~That's all for now. Hope you out there in cyberspace leave some pithy comments!

No comments: