Saturday, December 22, 2007

Clear Channel is a sham!

For those who know me, I consider myself a pretty ardent capitalist. However, Clear Channel here in town is sacrificing long-time Sacramento institutions for the power of the dollar (which currently sucks right now, but I digress).

Clear Channel is getting rid of Paul and Lori and their program on Y92. This is the latest move in an ongoing purge of talent at 5 of the stations they own in Sacramento. I believe they drove Sacramento's favorite talk show host Tom Sullivan to leave and take the position at Fox Business and take his radio show national. Then they let go of Phil Cowan, another long-time employee and former host of the Paul and Phil show on Y92.

I just sent a scathing email to Clear Channel Sacramento GM Jeff Holden about he and his ilk are no longer welcome in Sacramento after their purge of these great Sacramentans for the value of the buck. They basically want to replace all live talent, especially on the music side, automated programming with no human voice behind the mike.

We have hit a new low as a society!

No comments: